Thursday, January 5, 2012

Is Your Hair Thirsty? Mine is..

With the harsh Canadian winters we endure 5-6 months out of the year, caring for relaxed hair can be a daunting task.
I cringe when the fall season rolls into winter because that means I am forced to break out my arsenal of "winter hair care products"; add extra steps in my regimen and take special care of my tresses by spending more time that I dont have on my hair
What is the key to my success so far?
Quenching my hair with heavy water based moisturizers; sealing with my homemade butters and oil mixtures. Deep conditioning with moisture for 5x more effectiveness and stepping it up a notch with my co-washes.
Phew! That's a mouth full. Dont get me wrong; these steps are what I need to maintain soft manageable hair in the winter. So-far-So-Good! I will post my regimen and what products I am using - beware these tend to change based on what my hair is asking for and of course my mood
It is wise to:
***Keep your hair protected while outside with a silk lined hat warm enough to keep the heat from escaping your head and delicate enough to protect moisturized hair – you don’t want to waste all that time and effort you just put into taking care of your hair!***
***Don’t forget to protect your hair with a silk scarf while at home, dry heated air in your homes is just as damaging as the cold crisp winter air…… All of the above is what I do to keep THIRSTY hair at bay...
One Love

No comments:

Post a Comment